I originally wrote this during the summer, and found the draft. I like it and don't know why I didn't post it. Here is a recap of a random day in June:
Today is the first day in a long, long time that we've had a down day. The kind of day when you can relax. There are no appointments, therapist visits, schools, nothing to do but what I want to do. The weather is a cozy overcast, that kind of weather that makes you want to stay inside and read with your kids. The dishes are done, there is one load of laundry in the wash, dinner is planned, the house is generally clean, and the kids are getting along and not getting into trouble upstairs.....I think. (Maybe I should check again.) I've been waiting for this day for YEARS!!!!
I think I'm feeling, contentment, peace. It's been awhile.
Let me give you a little morsel of my day yesterday.
Get up and have a meeting with prospecitve kindergarten teachers to decide the best placement for Pearce next year. Drive to speech therapist to drop off the darn papers that won't fax correctly. Pick up the kids from Brock and head to the new house to choose carpet and paint. The house is empty (no furniture, nothing, we only signed 3 days ago) the painter is out buying paint, and I lock the kids and myself in the house and let them run free thinking there is really no way for them to get hurt. Not even 10 minutes later, while I'm comparing whites, Pearce comes screaming down stairs because Cameryn found the bug repellent in the garage and sprayed Pearce in the eyes. 20 minutes of tears and a soaked and striped down Pearce we have peace again for a minute. Then we leave the new house to get home (an hour away and through 2 giant rain/lightning/thunder storms) to meet the ABA therapist, who I found out at 6 pm wasn't coming, because my phone doesn't register messages until hours later. We go to swim lessons and I get a headache just watching Pearce from the bleachers. Lessons are in the 3 ft end of the pool and he is so excited he doesn't stop moving the whole entire lesson and a life guard is assigned to watch him, specifically, while the teacher works with the other kids in class. He goes under a few times, but is happy as a clam to keep trying. Then we get into the parking lot and he defiantly won't hold my hand while crossing the street and decided to play tag around the car and almost gets hit. We have a BBQ that night and make s'mores for desert. "Pearce don't touch the BBQ it's hot and you'll burn yourself". Pearce: "Ouch, mom that's hot". Repeat 3 times. Cam where are the graham crackers? "Right here mom", "the box is empty Cam". Pearce: Mom look, I can climb like Spiderman. Pearce get off of the fridge.
We were picking out light fixtures at Lowes and Cameryn was crying, Pearce "broke" his leg again and I'm definitely on my last nerve and I decide, they need either a time out or hugs. And I realize I do too. I need a time out or a hug. We had a big cheesy family hug, and Pearce wouldn't let go....and he wouldn't let go.....and he wouldn't let go. And I got a little teary. He really, really needed a hug. Maybe, just maybe he's having just as bad of a day as I am.
Pearce just grabbed the scissors, and gave himself a hair cut....and my day has started, again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally remember you telling me about that day. Was it really that long ago?? I bet things are even more fun now with a third!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Hang in there. Believe it or not you may miss a little of this in years to come.
ReplyDelete