

In the middle of our South Carolina winter (which surprised me with a few snow storms), we headed to the beautiful warm, dry air of Arizona for my Brother's wedding. The last of the Guggisberg's to get married. The wedding was gorgeous and I have to say I adore Kim's taste in wedding venue, colors, details, etc. It was an elegant evening. I especially enjoyed that they wrote their own vows which made me a little teary eyed.
Pearce and Cameryn were the ring bearer and flower girl respectively. When I was asked if they would mind performing these duties, I replied that I didn't know what kind of behavior we would get, but if the bride was willing to accept that, then they would be more than happy to comply. Or at least, try to comply. We discussed their duties at length, practiced at the rehearsal, and right before the wedding once again with lots of bribes and rewards promised for good performances. Happily I can report that the ring bearer pillow did not end up in the pool, and neither child froze nor had a tantrum!
Of course Pearce walked down the isle swinging the pillow by the tassels. Cam walked down the isle seamlessly, but forgot to drop the rose petals until at the end of her walk when daddy gently reminded her, and she grabbed a large handful of petals and forcefully threw them on the ground! In my mind: Victory!
Your kids look so adorable. I'm glad it went well!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! The kids look so much bigger! Hugs to you all!
ReplyDeleteTami Dehn
Hey!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was my wedding! nice.