Monday, October 11, 2010

She's Arrived!


Sophia Marie Burkhardt

Wednesday October 6th, 2010
7 lbs. 14 oz. 21" long

Finally our little Sophie has arrived!

A quick recap of the story- Tuesday evening I started having contractions which happend to be on the same evening Mark and Ann (Brock's parents) were arriving from Florida. They pulled into the driveway at 8pm, and we went to the hospital around midnight. The contractions were slowing so I agreed to an induction on the condition that I'd only feel it for 1 cm and we had a "great" anesthesiologist. He never showed up! No doctor, no midwife. I did have a nurse who could only say "don't push". Unfortunately, her priorities weren't at the top of my list. She came very quickly, and thankfully both of us are recovering and happy at home.



7 comments:

  1. Congrats she is beautiful, hope you both are resting and doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never get the drugs when you need them, do you?! Congratulations, though, she is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! We've been wondering when she'd make her way here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats sister!

    Your womb is very prosperous!

    Be proud and be happy. Your family is more complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Corri! Shophia is gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been terrible at checking blogs lately but I'm so glad she is here and you get to enjoy her. Congrats, she's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete