Friday, May 1, 2009

Easter Part 2

HAPPY EASTER!


I'm a little behind since Brock has been back. We've been busy traveling and just being together as a family again.....aaaahhhhhh! It's been wonderful, but reality will set in again on Monday.

Easter dinner was at my house this year and we had 14 kids at an Easter Egg hunt at the park in our back yard. I didn't have time to get many pictures, because as we entered the park both kids split and took off running in opposite directions. Didn't plan on that one. Thankfully, some of the other kids helped my kids so I could snap a few quick pictures.

I went a little crazy with Easter this year and thought it would be a "good idea" to dye a few eggs that we could decorate and leave out around the house during the Easter season. I heard blown eggs are the way to go. I bought a dozen and tried my hand at blowing the center out of an egg. All I have to say is that it was probably one of the more disgusting experiences in my life! I'm going to spare you the details, but should you ever decide to endeavor into the uncharted seas of the blown eggs, make sure you know what you're getting into. A dozen eggs took 2 hours and it left a few battle wounds. We did have some beautiful eggs when it was all said and done, but I probably won't be repeating that again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Corri, I found your blog via the Lakeys and it was so fun to see what you're up to! Your kids are adorable and so funny! I love the German Easter traditions and miss Europe so much now. We just returned to the States a few days ago. Live it up for me!

    ReplyDelete