Brock came home over three weeks ago, and we have been spending large quantities of time together as a family and alas, I feel as though I have been neglecting my faithful blogging buddies. But in my justification, it has been time well spent, and I promise to catch up on all the blogs and times in your fun lives.
Brock's homecoming was so so exciting, especially for one little 3 yr old in particular. I don't think I have EVER seen Pearce so excited as when we went to "pick up daddy". And many of you know Pearce is an excitable little 3 yr old already. I had been mentioning it all day, but when we pulled into the squadron parking lot, the concept really begin to sink into his little brain. Instantly he started his excitedly screaming "Daddy, Daddy" (in the car with all doors and windows closed-LOUD!). We walked out to the flight line all huddling under umbrellas, since the heavens opened and poured sheets and sheets of rain upon us, and watched the plane touch down. It taxied and stopped right in front of us. I was holding an umbrella and camera in one hand and holding Pearce back with the other, partly to keep him dry, but mostly to keep him from running out to the moving plane. He was screaming "Daddy, Daddy", but no one heard him over the roar of the props. My hand holding him back felt his heart beating really fast, (and I'm not kidding when I say fast; it made me a little nervous). The plane stopped and the pilot (not daddy) opened the window and waved. That did it. He thought that was dad, wiggled free, and took off running to the plane soaking wet. He didn't have to wait long, Brock was one of the first one's off the plane, and as Brock describes it...."I didn't even have time to let my eyes adjust to the light, when I heard "Daddy" and felt this THUD against my leg". It was great moment. Without missing a beat Brock scooped him up and shook everyone's hand in the line of important people welcoming him home. I was having more fun living vicariously through my three year old then attending to my own experience, but then as a mom, don't you learn to do that anyway?
It was an awesome, awesome day. Here are a few pictures of our family reunion.
Such good news!!! I am so happy it was a joyous moment for Pearce!! As it should these little guys need that man around to show them the ropes!! WELCOME HOME BROCK!!!! We miss you guys and we hope to catch up with you soon!!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! You described everything so well. I felt like I was there. I hope you are enjoying your family while they are here.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Suzy
That is so fun to read about! It is great to preserve the memory! I wouldn't have noticed the letter and just thought the door looked like an L! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteCorri,
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun reading this post! Great pictures too.
Thanks for defending Freedom you big ol' hunk o' man.
ReplyDeleteAdam