Cameryn: Happy 18 months this week!!!!!
-Every time I mop the floor we go through the same ritual. Cam finds the freshest wettest spot, gets down on her hands and knees very carefully, and begins to slide around on the floor with appendages constantly sliding out from underneath her. Why this is fun I'm not sure, because most of the time it looks painful. When that spot dries she moves on to the next wet spot. She is very clean and pine fresh when we're done mopping.
-Pearce started his basketball class this week and Cam joined right in like she was obvious a participant. When the class sat down to sit to "listen" to the coach, she sat too. When the class each got a basketball, Cam grabbed one too. When everyone lined up on the white line and tried their hand at dribbling, she did too. All the parents were laughing as telling me how adorable she is, but I mostly tried to keep her from getting run down. I felt like I needed to pay a class fee and get her the shirt.
-Cam had her first dental appointment the other day and she was an angel. She laid back opened up and didn't move for the whole 6 minutes. The dentist was impressed and enamored with her "thank you" and "goodbye".
-The potty craze around here is contagious apparently. Lately cam has been pulling out Pearce's port-a-potty, pulling down her pants and if she can manage it, her diaper too. She sits down for 1-2 minutes and stands up clapping (nothing in the bucket yet!). Then she B-lines it straight to the candy bucket to get her "reward"!
Pearce:
-This Sunday Pearce was assigned to give the scripture in primary. This was his first assignment and since he doesn't really talk, I wasn't quite sure how to tackle this one. We typed up the scripture so it was nice and big. I had him hold it while I read the scripture. They announced that is was Pearce's turn and he jumped up grabbed the mic and in Pearce-ease (the language only Pearce understands) he began to pray. Everyone was a little confused as to what he was saying, but smiled politely anyway. I knew that this was very reinforcing for him and that he would keep going as long as he could. I kept having to tell him, "say amen, say amen". He closed his prayer, held the picture nicely and when we were finished, grabbed the mic and began prayer number two :-)
-After school I was going through Pearce's backpack and pulled out his painted Shamrock. He looks at me like he's never seen it before and with a huge smile says, "What an amazing painting!" I think he picked that up from one of his teachers :-) But hey, you gotta call it as you see it!
-We have a full size mirror on the wall of our bedroom. The other day I walk in and see Pearce in his flannel pj bottoms pulled up as high as they can go.....right under the armpits. He's watching himself flexing in the mirror. OH NO!!! I thought the testosterone didn't start for a few more years. I've heard through the grapevine that this is a common Burkhardt trait....but I'm not admitting to anything :-)
I love tub pictures! Great blackmail for the future! You kids sound fun!
ReplyDeleteOh Sista! Yup, thats a Burkhardt. I do believe I caught your husband in the mirror a time or two when he stayed w/ us for a while. He told us that the trick is to light a candle under the mirror so it doesn't fog up while your in the shower. But, oh yes, he is not the only Burkhardt to do so. So vain, these boys.
ReplyDeleteI would like it noted that I was the one that taught Pearce D oh duble G to flex like that. You can thank me later Corri.
ReplyDeleteAdam
Funny, funny randomness! Kids are such a hoot. Yours especially!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! I think I have a better connection here. I was never able to comment before. Your kids are growing up so fast. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete