Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Rude Awakening....literally.


In the middle of the night sometimes Pearce will wake up crying and come downstairs, crawl into bed with me and fall fast asleep. Then 20 minutes later, sometimes longer, I'll carry him back upstairs to his bed. I think its adorable.
About 5:45 a.m. the other morning, Pearce crawls into bed with me and I assume in my semi-state of consciousness that he's falling asleep. WRONG! About 10 minutes later I hear very loud, very fake snoring coming from the other side of the bed. On the inside, I'm cracking up, but I can't encourage this behavior, its WAY too early to get out of bed. I roll over hoping it goes away. About 10 minutes later I hear Pearce ask, "Mom, whatcha doing?" Where does he learn this stuff? Inside I'm doing back flips, because I'm so dang excited to hear my son ask such a complex question, and yet I realize he probably memorized a line from a movie.
I answer, "sleeping, which is what you should be doing". No answer. About 10 minutes later I roll over and SHAMU the squeaky puppet, courtesy of my in-laws, is squeaking in my face and Pearce is laughing. Ok. I give up. Let's get breakfast.
I do have to say my day started with a smile ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Ahh...Those moments when you know you shouldn't laugh but you can't help it! It happens so often in our house. We are raising a bunch of characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up girlie! Your kiddos are adorable! How fun!Chekout my blog too! dingerfamilyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too funny. These kids are just a crack up at this age! You'll be glad you have this blog to record these funny times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I had to laugh too! so funny, Joseph my now 3year old has been doing the same thing climbing into our bed in the middle of the night, such a monkey must be a boy thing!

    ReplyDelete