Thursday, January 15, 2009

'Tis the season....to blog.





One of my New Years resolutions is to be a little better at keeping in touch with family and friends. Since I spend a good portion of my life in my car, time is limited. So, to remedy this problem I have decided it's time to join the masses and blog. Yes, I'm conforming, but in a happy way ;-)

Yesterday was a day for the kids. One of those days when you love just being a kid (or reverting back to one!). I try to create as many of these as time and energy allow. After nervously driving in the snow that morning we came home and quickly changed back into our jammies (yes me too!). We then played a rousing game of 'Hungry, Hungry Hippo', pieced together a 'Land Before Time' puzzle, read a few books under a big fluffy quilt, baked gingerbread cookies and watched it snow.
Then we all got bundled up and went outside to play with our neighbor's 7 kids. Pearce helped build a fort, climbed on top and started flexing. Cam spent her time falling and getting up over and over again. At the end of the day she had a big smile on her face, so I think she enjoyed herself.
A day for the kids, a day for simple pleasures.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. Glad you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend a snowy day! Those kids are so dang cute. Welcome mommy blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are doing this! I feel like I don't even know my niece and nephew(I kinda don't really). I am excited to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you joined the blogging community! It's so much fun and a great way to keep up with family and friends. Your pictures look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started blogging about a year ago and it has been so much fun and easier than trying to email pictures to everyone. Looks like the kids had fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are excited you are blogging now. It will be fun to keep up with your cute family this way. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about time you joined the blog train!

    ReplyDelete